Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Touch Not The Unclean Thing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 3, 2003 15:31:37 UTC

RE: * command to celebrate the birth of the world *
RE: * I guess Sunday is the day set aside for gentiles. *
RE: * But the point is that Christians do not follow the commandments of Jesus, at least not these *

“these” ? “Setting aside” days ? “Celebrating” days ? Is that what the “these” mean ?
Does “Setting aside” mean “giving regard” ?
Does “Celebrating” mean “giving regard” ?

I am a Gentile and, as a follower of Jesus Christ, I regard every day to God.
I’m not saying that some Gentiles won’t believe this, but, Sunday is not THE day “set aside” for ALL Gentiles. However, the millennial Sabbath is set aside for ALL true believers in the King of the Jews.

I’m sorry, but there did not seem to be a more concise answer to this as addressing “effect” in no way provides a good explanation of the “cause”. Thus, I ramble on trying to make sense – maybe I’m just too tired. Is it my Sabbath yet ? The Lord is my rest.
The “cause” sets down the underlying basis for life. The “cause” can be “law” or “grace”.
You can be saved by the law ( if you never break a single one. ) OR
You can be saved by grace.

Oops, I forgot the third way – Job 40:10-14

I understand that the Jewish religion (Old Testament law) does not follow Christianity (Old Testament law AND New Testament grace). It is helpful to explain Christianity using the New Testament, which helps to reveal the purpose and patterns of the law given in the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews was written for those in the Jewish religion who could not see the coming of a new and better covenant and the change (disannulling) in the law. Not that many of them could see it while Christ walked the earth, for they were blinded in part for my sake(a Gentile), but so that those who would come to believe in Jesus as the Son of God and seek to follow Him could better understand that the law was a pattern and that Jesus, God manifest in the flesh, had now come to shed His own blood as sacrifice for them, and not them only, but for the sins of the world. This should in no way diminish His sacrifice of laying down His life for you. If you were the only person to believe, He would still have died just for you.

The plan of Salvation has never changed. Salvation has never been by the LAW but through FAITH. Why did the Old Testament Jews keep the law ? By this, they demonstrated that they had FAITH in God and His word. They believed in God.

Jesus said these following things, the question is whether one will believe them :
“ye believe in God, believe also in me.”
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Jesus said He is THE way, not A way. It does matter what and whom you believe.
I pray you do accept God’s gift. That gift is His only Son.
This gift was pictured by Abraham and Isaac.
The patterns in the Old Testament are seemingly endless.

We are not saved by works of the law, we are saved by believing on Jesus and placing our complete trust in Him. He can set you free, free from the law, free from the weight of sin and shame. He loves us and just wants a close personal relationship with us. Best friends forever. No greater love hath any man than that he lay down his life for his FRIENDS. Jesus demonstrated this love for us. The only thing He desires is our love, but He will not force you to love Him, nor will He accept imitation love. One may pretend to be a Christian, and many do, but though man looks on the outside, Jesus looks on your heart. In your heart is the place He desires to be.

There are none righteous. All of our righteousness is as filthy rags before Him.
Only Jesus could pay the debt we owe for our sin.
In Him there was no unrighteousness.
And now, when we come to Him in repentance and have nothing, He forgives.
(Luke 7:42)

Christ brought in the new covenant after the similitude of Melchisadec, who was not after the order of Aaron. Salvation has been brought to all through faith in the Son of God who lives forever and has made an everlasting atonement. He is my High Priest in whom I have eternal life.

Though I am unfamiliar with many of the Jewish holy days and what exactly is meant by "celebrating", I stand on Colossians 2:16 and Romans 14:5-6.
I "keep" or "celebrate" by telling others of the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ through the love He showed to each and every one of us by taking our place on the cross to die for our sins. Do you understand where Mark 2:27-28 is leading ?
Personally, I am fully persuaded that every day is holy. Holy means set apart for God. Who owns each day ? Who gives each of us our days ? What do we give back ? No, I need not sway you in the matter of your belief as to which days are holy days, I only attempt to sway you that you be FULLY PERSUADED regarding or not regarding each day.

May the love of Jesus overflow our hearts this and every day.

PS:
http://www.whitestonepublishing.org/sabbath.doc
This is a short brief which is really directed toward young Christians (weak in the faith) who believe that Sunday is a Christian Sabbath day. This is often taught by wolves in sheep's clothing, just like "water" baptism.
PSS:
This is a short brief which is really directed toward young Christians (weak in the faith) who believe that “water” baptism is necessary.
http://www.whitestonepublishing.org/water_baptism.doc
PSSS:
One more Gentile related note:
God even set up pictures (using the food laws) to be revealed at this time.
Today is the day of salvation. None of us a promised another day.
(The Big Bang is coming.)
God pronounced some foods to be unclean, He also pronounced Gentile nations to be unclean. (i.e., told the Jews to drive them out.)
The nation of Israel is a chosen nation, indeed, but Jesus came to tell us that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob loves the world and is not willing that any should perish.
After the resurrection, the Lord revealed by way of Peter that God had made cleansing available (Holy Spirit) for the Gentiles also by the revelation that the food was no longer to be called unclean.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins