Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Way To Find Out

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 2, 2003 13:31:01 UTC

Which books are written in Aramaic ?
If I did, I did not intend to say that complete books were written in Aramaic which was a Semitic language used by some Jews around the time of the Babylonian exile.
Ezra lived around this time period and, yes, your hypothesis about its use in the Old Testament was correct. BTW, I believe there may be a translation of the whole Bible that is written in Aramaic now.

Which Bible was written by the Holy Ghost ? Many English translations ?
Yes, there were several (“many” as of today) translations of the bible into English,
but the King James was not the first. More like the seventh. A primary key to look for in translations is whether the translation is in the narrow subset called transliteration if you don’t want to find so-called Bibles which are actually just narratives of what a particular group of men agreed was what God was saying. These quote “Bibles” should only be considered to be resources and not the very words of God in my opinion.

Is the KJV is Anti-Semitic ? I guess you can determine this for yourself.
Some “scholars” who can’t discern good from evil can find anti-Semitism in anything. God placed an Anti-slant in the Bible for sure, not toward the Jews, but toward all of our pride. Many “scholars” are proud . Many Jews are proud. I am proud. You are proud. If you keep looking, you will find that pride is in everyone of us all. This is a daily battle for those who strive to please the Lord.

Contradictions ?
My guess is that these may be a matter of semantics, nonetheless, I would like to see the contradictions between the KJV and your Torah and Gideon bible.
BTW, the Gideons only recently (as years go) stopped using the KJV as their Bible.
This is the sort of thing that happens when large organizations loose their focus or leadership.

Which Bible was written by the Holy Ghost ? None of them are in complete agreement ?
Indeed, none of them(the new versions) CAN BE in complete agreement.
They are bound by copyright laws. Let me ask you, Is the word of God bound ?
I know, you don’t believe this Paul fellow wrote it, but II Timothy 2:9 speaks to this.

Do these “groups” of men who write these versions have God ordained power to publish an Authorized version ? The powers that be are ordained of God. Governments, including a Monarchy with a King, may AUTHORize with power given FROM God.

Which Bible was written by the Holy Ghost ?
Again, semantics and definitions in this area make a difference.
Oddly enough the English language reached its most pure form around 1600, when the only Government Authorized version was initiated. The English language has continued to degrade ever since that time such that even the lazy substitution of the word “you” for all instances of the “second person” occurs in every “modern” version while the King’s English differentiated the second person as Singular or Plural, as well as the Subject or Object. Thou(SS), Thee(SO), Ye(PS), You(PO).
Should the pure words of God not use the pure form of the language ?
Would you want a “modern” version of the Torah when a more pure version exists ?
If “written” means “penned”, and we are talking about the book (not the words),
then the KJV was written by a God ordained power.
If “written” means “authored”, and we are talking about the words,
then the KJV was written by the Holy Spirit. Might men have made printing errors ? Yes.
Has there ever been any printing errors discovered in the KJV that made a substantive difference in God’s message to us ? I don’t believe so.

If “written” means “penned”, then none of the translations or transliterations, including what some call the “originals” were written by the Holy Spirit. Yes, the very first “penning” of the words was a translation(transliteration) as holy men of God “SPOKE” as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Which Bible was written by the Holy Ghost ?
You may be asking the wrong person. Jesus said, “Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:” For your answer, you should rely upon this Guide alone. I did, and I was satisfied.

May God continue to guide and direct each of us in our search for truth. Amen.

Sorry, my brother, I cannot always answer ALL of your questions, but I know who can.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins