Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hope For More Agreement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on September 30, 2003 19:20:26 UTC

Thank you for allowing your reason to persevere in objectivity.
I pray that I may be able to be as meek.

Do you believe that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost ?
Do you believe that there is One Lord ?

I’m talking about the 66 books here …
I do believe that the Bible has many “apparent” contradictions.
The scriptures indicate that we must rely upon the guiding of the Holy Spirit, comparing spiritual with spiritual. Lean not unto our own understanding, right ?

When I find these “apparent” contradictions, I rely upon the Holy Spirit to guide me.
He does not always reveal things to us on our own time table. This is frustrating, but I know it works to my good, So I trust in the Lord. The hardest thing to learn is that His plan is written in the volume of the book and we cannot learn it all at once.
100 lifetimes would not be enough for me to search out His wisdom woven throughout.

I am not sure what you fully mean by “level” or below, but in the ministry of Christ, women were “revealed” as equal, not superior, to men, just as Jesus was revealed as equal to God the Father. “I and my Father are one.”
This is a truth that extends itself in many pictures.
But Jesus, being found in the form of a man, “voluntarily” placed himself under submission of the Father. It is in like manner that a woman is to be in submission to her “own” husband as the two have become one flesh in the eyes of God.
Likewise, Jesus was Master over His disciples, but He served them and washed their feet, just as the shepherds (elders) are not to Lord over the flock, but to serve.
Paul (through the working of the Holy Spirit) did not contradict.
Paul did not say that women were not equal to men, but that they have a different relationship to fulfill. Three relationships --– woman under man, man under Jesus, Jesus under the Father. A man has no standing to expect a woman to be under him if he is not under Christ – This is a hard pill to swallow for many.
Eve was to be a help for Adam(servant) but created equal (joined as one flesh).

In summary, these so-called convenient beliefs, including the born again business, were also taught by Jesus.

The Jews believed in reincarnation, rather calling it transmigration ?
To be clear, the Jews believed in resurrection, just as Jesus taught, right ?
All of the New Testament is consistent in this.

While some version(interpretation) of “born again” may be common to other religions, none of the other religious hold the same meaning of “born again” that Paul wrote and Jesus spoke of.

My best wishes to you for understanding that only God can give.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins