Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Born Of The Spirit

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on September 30, 2003 13:18:23 UTC

RE: * I take this as literal truth. *

Do you also believe this second birth in its literal context, which is "born of the Spirit" ?

The first birth is of water. (flesh) The second birth is of the Spirit. (spirit)
Ever heard of a woman’s "water" breaking ? This is being born of water.
Ever heard of receiving the Holy Ghost ? This is being born of "the Spirit".

God wants you to know that He loves you so much and He is not asking you for a thing.
He just wants to have a relationship with you, but He is holy and just.
Because He is holy, sin cannot enter His presence, but He made the way to remove our sin.
Because He is just, our sin must still be paid for. Jesus paid for all by dying for you and me on the cross.

Please know that many who call themselves Christians are not.
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord” from Mathew 7:21-23

And, yes, some Christians erroneously think that somehow they can live for God without dying to themselves.
But this is not death of the body(flesh) just as the new birth is not of the flesh.
Do Christians still sin ? Yes. And we will until our “flesh” dies.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins