Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
His Spirit Is Proof.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on September 13, 2003 20:10:47 UTC

Yes, I would like to take you up on this offer for a publication reference to this position.
Thank you for your generosity.

Beyond that, and I don't mean to sound too cynical, but this seems to be an "I give up" position such that it amounts to something like "We can't figure out when the beginning
was, so we claim that there was no beginning.”

Doesn't this position also leave the field wide open for accepting the Biblical account
as reasonable as well ?

I ask this because, in comparison to this reasoned calculation, the computation of
the confounding accuracy concerning the fulfillment of so many predictions of the Bible
would clearly have to place this possibility well within reason as well.

I don’t intend to be forbearing about the position held by Bible believers and I'm sure I cannot explain it to your satisfaction, but when a true believer is endwelt by the Holy Spirit, through accepting the gospel that Jesus saves, His Spirit bears witness with your
spirit. In this manner, “personal” proof is obtained. But to one who is not endwelt,
this is not concrete proof, as one person cannot believe for another. So, in this regard,
the possibility of “no beginning” versus “God created” are no different, in that they both
require faith to believe them. If one must have faith to believe either of these possibilities,
why not choose the "saving" faith ?

Note of caution: Not all who “claim” to be Bible believers are endwelt by Jesus Christ.

Thank you for you consideration of all possibilities, whether they are “in vogue” or not.

One day soon, God's creation will be the only thing in vogue.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins