Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Multiple Personalities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 10, 2003 00:43:08 UTC

I have hidden whomi (Mike Pearson) but get to read his posts by not logging in.

I note that in his last post he said that yaniru and yanniru were mysterious persons, more or less, and did not respond to your question about more than one screen name.

I have two screen names because of the complaints of Mike Pearson. When married my name was Richard Yannopoulos-ruquist, from which I used yanniru@netscape.net as my email address.

My name on these posts was then Yannopoulos-ruquist.

Then I got divorced and lost the Yannopoulos portion of my last name. Mike insisted that I change my name on the forum back to Ruquist. But I found that I could not use yanniru without also using Yannopoulos-ruquist. So I adopted yaniru to go with ruquist.

At this time Mike Pearson had more than 1/2 dozen names on this fourm. Some of them were
something
quiet
elegantuniverse
carefuluniverse
occupant
kant.....
and others

So finally it seems that the webmaster made everybody re-register and Mike Pearson decided to be whomi and not on your life, whereas everybody else re-registered with his or her real name. So right now Mike is the only anonymous one. The webmaster allowed me to re-register as yanniru with ruquist at that time, about a month ago.

However, I recommend that you remain anonymous. There is no reason for any of us to know who you are or where you live. It's for your own protection. Some of these forums are frequented by rather strange people. I would not want them to know where I live. So in all my posts including published papers I use the address of my foundation.

You will get to know Mike. So I need not say any more about him, except to say that there is little love between us. I just cannot stand the kind of person he is.

So as it stands you can register with as many names as you have email accounts. But the rest of us consider that to be very bad taste.

yanniru aka Richard aka dummerdick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins