Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Crayford Focuser

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Bevel/">David Bevel on September 16, 1999 03:44:44 UTC

: If someone can direct this amateur to any article or source for info on how to make a Crayford focuser for my home-built 10 " Dob ---I would be mightily appreciative. Even some simple diagram would help very much.....I hope to build one out of hard maple wood. Thanks. Paul

Hi Robert,

This comes a little late I know but I just discovered this ATM list. I normally hang out on Mel Bartels ATM list. Checkout my website. I have detailed plans for making a wood base Crayford. I haven't completed a resource or parts list yet but I have links to all the suppliers I used. This is still an ongoing evolution in design. I have made six of these so far and have anodized the aluminum parts on one. Did that last night in fact. I was most pleased with the results.

The URKL to my site:

http://www.mindspring.com/~davebevel/index.html

Click on the DOBSONIAN link. From there just follow by subject.

Dave

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins