Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
10" Mirror Kit For Sale Best Offer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Peter Proulx/">Peter Proulx on August 27, 1999 21:22:51 UTC

I don't know a thing about the cost of such items. Email me an offer, I thought that someone could get some use out of this. If not I will put it on ebay.

Thanks Peter

THIS WOODEN BOX IS MARKED 10" TELESCOPE MIRROR AND GLASS KIT. CONTAINS TWO 10" PARTIALY GROUND PIECES OF GLASS. THE CONVEX ONE IS 7/8" THICK WITH A 1/2"CHIP ON THE FLAT SIDE RIGHT NEXT TO THE EDGE. THE CONCAVE ONE IS 1 3/4" THICK NO DAMAGE. KIT INCLUDES 10 BOTTLES OF LAPPING COMPOUND. 80 GRIT, EMERY,220,320,400,500,280 BORON CARBIDE, 2 BOTTLES 600 BORON CARBIDE AND A CERIUM OXIDE. MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN USE THESE PARTIALY FINISHED MIRRORS. THE THE 3/4" CONVEX MIRROR HAS A 1/8" SHALLOW CAVITY 1/4" FROM THE EDGE, I SUSPECT THIS GETS LAPPED OUT AS THE LAPPING THATS BEEN DONE OVER THE TOP OF IT. PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS ILL TRY TO FIELD THEM. $150.00 + Shipping

You can see a picture of this kit at: www.premcom.com/pictures/mirror.jpg

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins