Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Embedded Tiles

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul Maddocks on August 14, 1999 23:11:04 UTC

: Just put the tiles on the mirror before you pour the plaster in. leave the connecting stuff on and put it away from the mirror. The tiles won't float up so don't worry. After you get the plaster set, tun it over and make up some thinner stuff and fill in any bubbles that you find if you want to. The other thing that you can do is to just use some thick paint to fill the holes in the plaster. The thing here is to fill places where larger grits can stay after you have cleaned the tool off. : The more I answer these questions, the more I am starting to feel like writing a procedure for making a mirror. : BTW, got a new guy in the workshop and he's got a 6" mirror almost rough ground in about 2 hours. Wont the plaster flow down to the surface ? I have tiles with a small blob of glue between them and I cant see that stopping the flow before set.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins