Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Radio Telescope Project-PLEASE Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Mat on July 15, 1999 18:01:00 UTC

I bought a radio-telescope book from Willmann-Bell about 3 years ago. I took it in to work (at a place that does radar things) and it promptly disappeared so I don't remember the name of it but it was quite detailed in what it described and I was considering doing the interfrometer at 2.4Ghz (what we were working in) just to see how well it worked. I wish I could be more specific but that's what life is. The project is quite doable but remember that your telescope is not going to have much resolution as you're probably not going to be able to get the elements far enough apart to get a resolution below a few degrees. You may also want to experiment with using a radio to transmit the signal from a distant antenna to your base station. Have fun with the project! It will work, even if you only are able to detect the center of the galaxy and the sun and moon.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins