Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: R.A. Drive Correctors

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on July 7, 1999 06:29:35 UTC

Do you have a friend that's an electronic wiz? If so, get him to modify one of the little 100W inverters for use as a drive corrector. Tell him that you want to control the 60hz frequency with an external pot so you can set it to 60hz exactly (driving the RA at the right speed so the star doesn't move) and that you want a button so that the frequency will go up to 100hz and down to 40hz depending upon which button (use buttons rather than a toggle switch which will break off when you put it away) you hit. He should be able to find the 1 resistor that fits the bill for this. I have done the mods to several different inverters and have several here at home if you really want me to, I can convert one for you for $75 - inverter included.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins