Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Coma Corrector Info For RFT's

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on June 20, 1999 16:11:20 UTC

Jim, I don't know what the radius of the Celestron 10" scope is but if it matches yours, then it will work to some degree. The problem that you run into is that the corrector's purpose is to translate optically the correction of the light wave from the flat wavefront to a wavefront that after reflection of the primary will approach the focal point as a circular wavefront shape. I have a piece of software that I got from a guy in Arizona that made a astrograph for medium format photography and modified it for windows. It takes a mirror and two lenses near the focal point and basically helps designing a Ross type null corrector. The article was several years ago in S&T. If you want it, send me an email. Ross correctors are another whole different beastie from the Schmidt correctors and now is when to make the decision. If your primary interest is in photography, you need accuracy in position rather than very small images. CCD photography is the worst of all worlds as it wants both the field accuracy and small images.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins