Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Knife Edge Testing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe/">Joe on May 9, 1999 14:16:20 UTC

I am not at the stage of making the Couder mask. I have this hole in the middle and I can not get rid of it. I have tried to lower the middle of the lap with a piece of wax paper and cold pressing it over night. I also tried to dig scratches in the middle with a knife. This did not help. I tried using the lap on top with a 1/4 stroke and the mirror on top with a 1/4 stroke. Neither worked. I am trying to completely spericalize it with by completely starting over but that made the mirror worse because, according to the test, it was very "bumpy" (section went up, then the hole, then down and then up again). I thought it was a faultly lap so I created a new one and that does not help at all. Any suggestions? This is getting very frustrating.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins