Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Cold Weather

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob/">Bob on January 30, 1999 12:53:10 UTC

: I bought my son a tasco telescope for christmas but unfortunetly I think it is to cold to observe any thing for a short period of time. Is it possible that the lenses or eyepieces are frosting up or did I just by a lemon? Any help would be appreciated. ***You have dew building up on the optics, usually this disappears after scope cools down to outside temp. our you will get a dew buildup as the scope sits outside during the night as it will on all surfaces, the Tasco is a cheap scope but no lemon I have had a chance to test a 60mm model recently and though the mount is poor the optics were quite good for the money, I could clearly see the cloud belts and moons of Juipter, the rings of Saturn, and much detail in the Orion nebula, the Andrometer galaxy and other brite galaxies like M81 and M82 look great as do many star clusters like M13, plus endless detail on the moon, just remember to use low power and donot use the barlow lense...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins