Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: NEED HELP WITH MIRROR CELL

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Shaun Parkin on December 10, 1998 21:36:03 UTC

: I'm looking for info. on the construction of a 17 point floatation cell, to support a 20" f/5 mirror, 2" thick. I would like to build my own, but can not find any detailed info. i.e. layout,work points, dimentions, ect. Any help in this matter would be greatly apriceated. There are some very detailed plans available in a new book by David Kriege and Richard Berry entitled: "The Dobsonian Telescope, A Practical Manual for Building Large Aperture Telescopes." Willman-Bell is the publisher and you can read a detailed review of this book at the Willman-Bell web site. Good luck.

• Willman-Bell web page, new items.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins