Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Binocular Telescopes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jon/">Jon on December 10, 1998 11:39:23 UTC

Hey everyone. I am trying to find more information on the pros and cons to a binocular telescope design over other designs (newtonian, dobs, etc.) So far, I have only been able to find a few pictures of binocular telescopes and that is all. I realize that you can make a binocular telescope using two newtonian scopes put together, but are there any signifigant advantages or disadvantages to doing this? Also, are there any good books, or web pages with binocular telescope designs, because I am not sure how to make the eyepiece section of the telescope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins