Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dental Stone

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rasim Ramadan on November 15, 2006 07:44:53 UTC

Hi,
I am a novice in telescope making but I have some advice regarding the dental stone as I made my grinding tool using it, it seems a good stuff which cured fast and becomes hard without the need for epoxy.
If you heat the dental stone after it cured (1 hour max), it will become harder in shorter period of time 90 degrees C is enough I think, as it will take a little bet time to cool down.
No small pieces will scattered from it while grinding, but it absorbed a lot of water after it gets dry, pure a cup of water on it before you use it each time you start grinding with it after it gets dry.
I wish that my info helps you.
Happy ATMing

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins