Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Comp. Correction And Spin Casting On Liquid Mercury

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac on July 23, 2004 20:30:28 UTC

Is it possible to input a correct image in to a neural networks layer and compare it with distorted image and make a model ? This is artificial intelligence . Does it work for large deep sky images - like andromeda - comes from distorted mirror ?
And why spin casting is unsuccessful ? I have an new idea. If I am not wrong , liquid mirrors are sensitive to dirt and wind and operators coat mercury with epoxy. I mean they pour epoxy on liquid mirror . If this epoxy cure without self distortion and without distorting the liquid mirror under it , may be this method of mirror making is efficient ? Am I right ?
Do you know anybody who made spin casting successfully ?
And if spin casting is not working , why people talking about it and Scientific American publish about it ?
And which epoxy is good ? slow curing or fast curing ? Is there very low shrinking polymers out there ?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins