Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
DK-3 Drive Corrector

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Paul Godfrey on November 7, 2003 17:20:52 UTC

I just picked up a DK-3 Dual Axis Drive Corrector and need some info in the unit. I have searched the net for this model with no results. So, I opened it up to make a pin-out diagram, but everything inside is covered with black hard wax. Looks like the Mfg. did not want anyone making copies of the circuit. Does anyone have any information on this unit? It looks well made with four wires going to each motor connector labeled internally as A / A prime and B / B prime. It also has a voltage regulator (LM7806) on the DC input jack which limits the input voltage to the unit to 6 volts to operate everything. The RA and DEC control circuits appear to be identical with timing crystal's, some type of IC (the mfg. and number data have been ground off) and four final output drive transistors. The controls are 4 direction push-buttons; a speed selector slide switch (1x, 4x, and 32X); and a hemisphere selector slide switch (N – off – S). Any information would be helpful.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins