Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Copyscopes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ted Bruce on October 18, 2003 00:36:25 UTC

Thanks, Bob. I had been using a sink drain tailpiece with an adjustable compression fitting for rough focus, and I was slipping the eyepiece as you described for fine focus. I have a 1.25 focuser that I'll use for the one I'm building, and I was thinking of using an already-purchased Celestron .965" to 1.25" star diagonal for my grandson's copyscope due to the availabilty of quality lenses in that size. Also, since he's only eight years old and autistic, he may find the lack of an easy focus mechanism difficult.

Strange thing..in the .965" focuser I salvaged from the Jason 60mm, they didn't even black out the inside of the tube. I'll use the 6-7mm exit pupil as the guideline for the eyepieces for the young'un, and less for me due to my age.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins