Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fixed It...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Heather Duke on August 20, 2003 23:24:23 UTC

Well... we figured out what was wrong... lol. Well, my dad came out to take a look at the telescope and I noticed that the thing screwed on to the end of the scope wasn't screwed in straight. So dad looked and he was like "Yeah, this is probably the problem. Wait a second, this is a mirror!" lol! Last night in the dark my neighbor and I couldn't see that it was a reflective surface... And to make matters worse, it was screwed in there [I]tight[/I] and since it was all tilted, we couldn't get it off. But my neighbor's son came over this evening and pried it off. And he told us that was the sun filter, which would explain why we couldn't see anything lol, well at least it's fixed!! We'll never be able to use the sun filter again (the threads were stripped) but the scope is undamaged and I'll get to check out Mars! yay!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins