Happy Halloween

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re:F/ratio-I Should've Been More Specific

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rick on June 1, 2003 12:10:23 UTC

The F-6 will be a bit easier to figure then the F-5.5,but I dont think there will be that much difference between the two.
when it comes to parabolizing the closer to a sphere you are the easier the figuring process, so the longer the focal lenght the "simpler" so to speak, the task.
F-6 sounds good for a 12", IMO, but I guess it all depends on ones preferences,such as,field of view, magnification, weight,transportation,setup time etc....

Rick
FWIW.. if I ever land that elusive piece of glass,I want to make a 16" F-6, think it would make for some fantastic views,a stepping stool would be needed for zienith of course, but I find most viewing with my 10" F-6 is done where I have to either sit in a chair or get into an uncomfotable bended position, so a higher eyepiece should make for easier viewing most of the time,since I would rather stand then sit.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2021 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins