Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think I 'll Give It A Go....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Tedford on February 20, 2003 14:34:00 UTC

Thanks again for your reply, Bob.
You'll probably never know how much you have helped me to date.
I started on this hobby(obsession)with my seven year old son comming home from school with the innocent question "Dad, can you make me a telescope."
Of course i said "No problem. I'll knock one up in my spare time."
This site and you in particular have opened my eyes to what is possible with the right information and some elbow grease. Everyone that has seen my scope has the same initial reaction of "This thing will never work." and then when they look through it at the moon it changes to "How do i make one."

I have trepanned some circles for my first and second mirror so this is no worries.
Is there anywhere you know of to obtain plans for such a scope?
You say you are trying to build one yourself. Could you share your plans or let me know where you got them.
If you like I can forward you my email address for future messages.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins