Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Need Help IE: A GEM Mount To Compensate For Sway

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jay on February 5, 2003 04:02:03 UTC

Is ther Anyone Who can help me?
I need to build a GOTO German Equatorial mount that uses a CCD chip locked on a guide star ( polaris? ) on a Polar Alignment Axis Scope and 2 servo drives (one at The Altitude and one on the azmuth of the polar alignment ) to correct for the sway of a skyscraper .. (the 90 story Skyscraper is part of the worlds largest hotel and resort Chain and is to be used Primarily for Visual Stargazing by guests and real time video VIA CCTV to guest rooms. I have a pretty nice budget for this (in Amature Astronomer terms). The first step, I think, is a proof of concept smaller 8" scope) eventually we want to put up a 16" scope.
The (Maximum) sway is + or - 4 to 5 Degrees per 2 to 4 seconds in time. It sways in all (random ) angles of the compass.
Thoughts? Sugestions ?
P.S. From my observing @ up to 300 power in an 8" Meade. The Rooftop location is protected from the wind and Vibration is not a problem, only Sway.
Thank you

" The Heavens Declare the Glory of God! "
Stellafane Clubhouse

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins