Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Now, See...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Randall Terrell on November 5, 2002 18:07:53 UTC

That's why I ask you guys these questions. I get such good answers. Thanks for the feed back.

I've been thinking through tube mounting designs, and nothing is settled, yet. In fact, far from it, and ya'll have given me even more to think about (nothing that I don't think I can handle, however). Keep in mind, the only reason I'd even THINK about a ten foot tube it comes with the same type of problems associated with grinding your own glass--the basic 19th century astronomy experience.

I hadn't thought of the color error being more noticeable as the airy disc decreased. Geez, just the thought of having probelms with a scope that's "too good" confounds me. I've read about the yerkes 40" refractor and didn't think the probelms with that scope would come into play with a "small" 10" refractor. Hmmmm, I'm gonna stew on this for awhile..........

Thanks again for your feedback.
Rt

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins