Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Illuminated Crosshairs

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glen Warchol/">Glen Warchol on September 21, 1998 23:17:46 UTC

I appreciate your timely response Bob, but can I ask a couple stupid questions?

1.) What do you mean by "aperture" and "clamp."

2.)Correct me if my instincts are wrong: I was going to drill a hole through the focus tube to barely the e.p. side of the edge of the ring that holds the monofilament. Then I was going to place a small L.E.D. in the hole, but not protruding past the field stop (the idea being that it lights the cross hairs, but is hidden from my eye and view.

3.) Sorry, but sometimes you've got to paint me a picture. ;-)

: I'd use the monofilament line (use the smallest that you can : and illuminate it by putting a light (red led) on a clamping ring : that goes around the aperture. The way that it is usually : done is by a microscribed piece of glass that is edge illuminated. : Good Luck and have fun! Bob May

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins