Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You All

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rick on October 5, 2002 22:06:49 UTC

Hello

It has been some time since last I posted on here, but I found the site today and wanted to post..

I started out(a greenhorn) with a 10" pre-generated 7/8" disc, with the plan of making a mirror.
never doing this before and with no one anywhere near to show me how to do it, I needed the help of some members here.
and some great help they where.

My wife thought I could never do it, i had a few thoughts about that myself at time, but I was determained to get it done.

when I needed advise, I asked, and you all had lots of knowledge to share....
Well as of last month, I have finished the mirror, and after testing it too death,I believe I have a great mirror, Tex says 1/15 wavefront,
Ronchi star test is perfect, not even an edge problem,and the views(uncoated at this time) are absolutely amazing....Saturn looks fantastic,
The moon is breath taking, I am very impressed.
(and so is my wife after looking at the moon)

I have learned alot over the past year, and the best thing I have learned is, there are some great people out there who go out of thier way to help others, I believe this is one of the greatest things about this whole adventure, from the get go.

Thank You Bob May, Walter and everyone who has helped me along the way.
You experience and wisdom is greatly appreciated, and never forgotten.

Thank you very,very much.
I really do appreciate all you have learned me over the year.

Rick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins