Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks - Got Another Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bill Wetterau on April 20, 2002 19:02:02 UTC

Thanks for the advice, it raises another question. What would the maximum workable distance from my eye to the knife edge be? One problem I have is that the tester design seems to favor the use of my left eye to get closest to the knife edge, needing clearance between my head and the lamp housing. Unfortunately, my left eye was damaged in a childhood accident and has uncorrectable defects (it's like looking at the world through a smeared dirty window). I could try to re-make the lamp housing to a smaller size so I can use my right eye, but I'd like to know how close I have to get. I'd rather not have to toss this setup out and build a left-handed (right-eyed) tester. Thanks again for your help.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins