Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: ?Image Plane?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by glen warchol/">glen warchol on September 3, 1998 16:30:50 UTC

: Just use cardboard or plastic sheet or sheetmetal...

I made baffling drawing according to the instructions i down loaded (from where I can't remember).

I found that there's apparently no room for the baffles!

First, let me admit that I could have blown the calculations.

But I've got a 100mm primary in an 18" long, 4" wide pvc tube. (f5). The edge of the primary is a hair breath from the tube wall all around. So, I'm guessing that I carefully calculated an drew what any ATMer would figure out with a glance down the business end.

I'm going to paper the interior with flocking I got from Protostar. I'm going to blacken the edges of the secondary, and put a small baffle in the focus tube. Finally, I'm going to fabricate a glare shield that attaches to the end and sticks out 4-6 inches.

If any of the above sounds dead wrong, please let me know.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins