Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re:What To Do Now

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rick on November 22, 2001 02:08:23 UTC

i'm learning on the fly here bob but here is what i have done, i had a second look at the ronchi this evening, the lines were bending away from the center toward the edge,i had notced on my last night of polishing that the very edge of the mirror was polishing out, mabey 1/8th inch at most. (that was what got me wondering,and why i got up in the middle of the night to test with the ronchi screen).now,beleiving this to be a turned up edge(or extreme outer zone) and not wanting to get the center depression deeper i polished with the lap on top, the center of the lap over the edge for five or so minutes, then did center over center for five more, stopped and tested. ronchi lines are straight as can be,and the depression in the center is all but gone.(not the 1/2" radius one in the very center,but it did lessen).i cant beleive i did that, yahoo...one more hurdle crossed,now maybe the edge will polish out.....Thanks for help.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins