Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Should I Do?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rick on September 13, 2001 13:36:16 UTC

Hello, i need help
I made a tile tool for a pre-generated 10" mirror i purchased using tile that are 1-7/8" square,marked all the tiles with an X and have been trying to set them in with the mirror using 220 grit and the W stroke over center, but i have one tile that will not come in, shows about 70-75% wear on this one tile, have done many, many wets....so many i gave up counting, very little 220 grit left,this tile is in between the inner and outer tiles....this one tile has not changed much in 25 or more wets maybe 10-15% but that all, so i was wondering,,,, should i go to the 120 grit (i wish i had of started with in first place) and grind till all tiles are in then use up the rest of 220 grit ( maybe 6-8 wets left) then pray 320 grit will even out all the pits, or just move on to 320 grit now and maybe change my stroke to a center over center,BTW I did a sharpie test on the mirror before calling it a night monday and marks went away evenly in 2 wets with the 220.... any help would be greatly appreciated. been debating and reading for days now really need help, Thanks

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins