Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Tile Tool Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on September 6, 2001 18:46:11 UTC

For the coarse grits, don't worry about it. When you get to the finer grits, you can quickly paint the tool with some paint and wipe the paint off of the surface, letting it stay in the holes. That will keep any grit that may be in the holes from coming out. You don't need to do a good job of cleaning off the paint as the first wet will do an excellent job of removing the paint from the tool.
Usually I don't do anything to a tool as the grit usually does a good job of cementing itself into the various holes. I've had only one guy that has had a problem with mixing of grits and I'm not sure what the source of the contamination was as he was also working next to another guy that was still working 80 grit and may have gotten his contamination from the other worksite.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins