Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My New Night Sky Scope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Kevin Archer on August 8, 2001 21:11:45 UTC

Well were should I start. Hmmm how about “I have just received my brand new 16” F4.5 Dob. From Night Sky Scope”. I have looked through a lot of other dobs in the past few years and always have had gripes about each one of them. So when I used Jim Nadeau’s 12.5” F4.5 Dob., if you don’t know he is the owner of Night Sky Scope Dobs, it was at our local observing site. I was a little optimistic about how great this scope was supposed to be, since all of the others I have used were good but not to my liking, well I guess I do not have to say much else on that since I own one now.

If you hate when your using high power looking a planets or for dim fuzzies and you try to nudge the scope and zoom its off looking 10 degrees past the object. With a Night Sky Scope Dob that never happens. Also, if you hate to set up your dob in the dark because you have so many pieces to put together, then the Night Sky Scope Dob is for you. If you would like collimation to be a breeze and hold all night guess what scope to buy, and now with the use of the Eq. platform, very high magnification planetary observing and photography is easily in your grasp.

I have to say that it is a joy working with Jim, he will even help you pick the best mirror if you need help doing so, and the wait time to receive the scope is far better than the other dob makers. And last but not least the price is unbelievable for all that you receive with the scope.

Link: http://nightskyscopes.com/

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins