Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Me Thinks You're Right :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Martin on May 25, 2001 05:03:16 UTC

Yepp I think you're right! I called to several dealers in america and unfortuenately I couldn't get anything in between 2.14" and 2.4". What I realised though after talking to several people was that there wasn't really all that much of a difference. So in the end I called Newport glass and orderd what seemed to me to be the best solution, a 2.17" ;) It's a 1/10 wavelength and has special 95% coating. My other option was getting a $20 orion 1.97" which would have saved me about $30. But I figured that the extra reflection and the fact that the newport mirror was Pyrex and probably all around better was worth it. By the way, I allso found this company www.adorama.com They are the cheapest I have seen around by far! Telrad finders $36.95 and eyepieces are outrageously much cheaper than anything else.

Well I can't wait untill when the stuff starts dropping in so that I can start building! Unfortuenately I won't be getting most of the stuff untill late june but since I have the primary here all ready I'll just start with the actual tube assembly as soon as my examinations are over.

//Martin :)
//Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins