Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Help With Newt Software - 2" Focuser Vs. 1.25"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Martin on May 19, 2001 13:14:51 UTC

Hi!

I just bought a 10" f/5 primary mirror. So now I'm planning on building the telescope. But since this is my first homemade telescope ever, I have a few questions.
I used the program Newt to decide wich size I should have on my secondary mirror and soon concluded that I would need a Low profile crayford focuser or something else low profile (Any other ideas? I want to have wheels to turn when I focus) When I run the figures through the program it asks me if I have a 1.25" or 2" focuser. I kept writing 1.25" since I will be using that size of oculars to begin with. But then it hit me! Do I really need to use a 2" okular to be able to take advantage of a 2" focusers advantages? I mean the light will have a little more room to pass on the edges before it hits the front end of the ocular and on first thought, wouldn't that help me?

Allso does anyone know of any good focusers 1,25" or 2". I don't won't to spend more than around $150. or any sites where I could get not to expensive accessories?

HOpe to hear from someone soon, since I need to order the mirror pretty soon if I should have it in time for my short vacation.

Clear Skies!
//Martin

Ps
I'm Swedish so I hope you can cope with the spelling misstakes :)
ds

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins