Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
C150 Vs MN61

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Al Misiuk on March 24, 2001 22:27:52 UTC

Hi Yarb,
A local shop, Captain's Nautical, lent a Celestron refractor for me to test a new interference filter I designed and made. The filter is meant to have very high transmission between blue-green and red (90-97%) and rapidly drop off at the violet-blue region (15%). This should remove that violet haze that is seen around bright objects when viewed through a conventional refractor.
The C150 has a number of followers. If any telescope would benefit from this filter the C150 is it. We coined such a telescope with such a filter as a pseudo-APO. Obviously it wouldn't be the equal to an APO, but would permit the use of higher magnification without the chromatic aberration becoming obstrusive. The tests will begin with the first clear night and while I'm at it I will do a comparison with my MN56 5 inch IntesMicro MakNewt. So far the MakNewt has been quite a surprise to me. It performs well beyond what I had expected.

Al Misiuk Seattle

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins