Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Visual Or Camera Focusser

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rodtelescope on February 16, 2001 00:26:35 UTC

Thanks for your replies. The point I was making is that it seems that there is about 2 inches of focusser movement required to accommodate either an eyepiece or a camera system. It seems simpler to start with a focusser that has this 2 inch adjustment than moving mirror positions. Of course this means the focal plane will be further from the secondary and so the secondary will have to be larger. Moving the primary would give the best optical system, but turning a focusser knob would be fast and easy. I notice this problem was discussed in ths "astrophotography" forum. I don't have all the parts yet but I wanted to build with potential, so I guess the focal plane position may have to be a compromise.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins