Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Wire Spiders

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jarvis Krumbein on December 14, 2000 04:25:04 UTC

Wire spiders, if done right offer many advantages over conventional spiders. I have used them for over forty years without any of the troubles Bob May sites. The biggest single advantage is that the diagonal can be precisely positioned with out any need for further adjustment. They are tighter than conventional spiders and dont exhibit any excess springyness. They can be implimented with commonly available materiels, I normally use bicycle hubs and spokes. They do require good planning and careful implimentation. If you are interested in more information, please contact me off list.

Jarvis Krumbein, jkoptic@juno.com

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins