Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Forgot Password????

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on December 11, 2000 18:39:11 UTC

Just for future reference, I too have several passwords that I use. I have one for non-security stuff like this board and others for where I want security.
The password has been applied to this forum for what I consider mild reasons - just to keep trash out of this and the other forums on this site. The persons using this forum seem to be more mature than those of some of the other forums so we are losing a bit of "freedom" due to the arrogant twits on the other forums.
If I were you, I'd use one simple password for all of the silly things like this forum on the web and leave your real passwords to other things where you want some real security. Use something like "firewall" or "stupidpassword" as a password and you won't forget it. You have to remember why this forum is password protected and it will provide a reason to use a very common (to your password usage) password for all of these things. Besides, if somebody figured out your password, why would they bother in the first place and what happens if they do?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins