Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Modifying A Telescope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Allen Arnold on December 7, 2000 18:50:02 UTC

I have a Celestron Nextstar 80 (refractor) and want to use a 2x Barlow between the telescope and the right-angle prism instead of between the prism and eyepiece. I notice that this gives much more magnification. The problem is I don't have enough "out" focus distance. It only needs a little more, maybe an inch or two. Are there such things as "extension" tubes that screw onto existing barlows or focusing tubes? My scope uses 1.25 inch eyepieces. Any help is much appreciated.


Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2023 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins