Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Help! How Can I Rotate My Dob Tube?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bruce Rubenstein/">Bruce Rubenstein on June 4, 1998 15:54:40 UTC

I've recently acquired a Meade 16" Starfinder Dob. The telescope is enormous, in fact, it's uncomfortable to use in certain positions. I've gotten the radical idea that I can slice through the tube just below the focuser and spider and somehow make the entire top part of the tube, including focuser, rotate with respect to the bottom part, thus enabling me to find a comfortable observing position regardless of where the scope is pointing.

I would need to find a coupling that provides the kind of rotation needed. It would have to be accurate enough to keep the system in colimation over different positions.

Anyone out there have any ideas???

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins