Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Clock Drives

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on June 2, 1998 12:38:52 UTC

The purpose of a clock drive it to drive the RA axis at the Stellar (or lunar or solar) Rate. Get a catalog of books, etc. from Willmann-Bell (on the net) and get the Vel. 2 of the Matusov (sic) notes title Mechanical. I have the book at home and unfortunatly, I don't remember the name except that it is the mechanical notes of the circulars that went around. Lots of good info in there on mechanicals of telescopes and making them. Also get the new version of the ATM books from Scientific Americain (3 vols.) as those have many good things in them about all of telescope making and the info never goes out of date! Those books should answer everything that you need to know and much more. Get other books as you want to, I won't stop you!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins