Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Maybe Do Two

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike O'Connor on November 9, 2000 05:20:48 UTC

I had visions of just buying and using 1" steel for the driven arm spindle. I will be able to come up with bearings for it.

(I never thought of using a second truck axle for the driven arm.)

Its been raining here for about 11 days straight. The muck in the scrap yard must be knee deep! I was lucky that this one axle, was within reach of the scrap yard office. (and I forgot my snorkel.)

I suppose I could have waited, but this project seems to be moving along faster than I actually thought it would.

I have been looking at different ways people have rigged their driven arm. And the simplicity of most of the designs amazes me. This is an incredible adventure. You people have been a lot of help, and will get the brunt of the blame for my increased power bill.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins