Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: SEEKING BENEFACTOR

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on August 19, 2000 10:21:42 UTC

You must be a very naive person. I`ve been doing this stuff for years and have done my fair share of "giving". There are proper channels and processes for "getting" money. However, the person didn`t really say why he couldn`t get the funds by conventional means, but just wanted money. Sorry, not good enough. I would donate to a cause or some organization/society that can properly distribute whatever means neccessary to help anybody in a cause i believe in also. I have seen many people come to this forum and many others asking for money or something to that effect; all I`m saying is this isn`t the place to do this. Luckily enough he posted here instead of another forum where he would have been ripped to shreds from responses. Am I quick to comdemn? I`d like to think not, however I`ve been around and seen alot and I will say this: Not everything is what it seems. I wished the person above would have been more explicid in his request which would have explained things and made things more clear. It reminds me of the guy with a sign asking for money because he has no food....then after awhile jumps in his Jeep Cherokee with perhaps $200 in his pocket. Happens all the time..why couldn`t it happen here...it does. Don`t be so sensitive....and far as being judamental...?...Didn`t really judge him/her did I? Not really..however you are as guilty as I by lashing out at me and judging me...perhaps you aren`t too different than me...so quick to judge.

I do not own this forum. I frequent it often and answer the questions I know of. I hope the forum master will forgive me of this thread. As for Mick...you`re OK....fighting for the underdog is a good atribute in a person....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins