Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Wooden Tubes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on July 29, 2000 22:26:47 UTC

There is a maker of wood plywood tubes up to about 4" or 5". Thier name is indeed Hollowood adn they make hollow tubes and rods. I got some from Woodworker`s Supply when I made my 200" refractor for the eyepiece tube stock. It`s 1/8" or so 3 ply plywood and the outer layer is a fair choice of hardwoods. Hollowood is at POBOX 1149 Clinton Township MI.48036-1149 and a phone # of 810-465-2737 Fax # of 810-465-6032. The tubes are available in some different lengths (I got the 4` length when I bought mine.
The present Woodworker`s Supply doesn`t have the items listed in thier catalog that I get so you may not be in luck there anymore.
Good luck with getting the tubes. I feel that I was very lucky to get mine.

Follow Ups:

    Login to Post
    Additional Information
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2023 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins