Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Silicone To Mount Diagonal Mirror?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jack McQuaide on June 19, 2000 00:59:58 UTC

Heya!

I used Permatex silicone "gasket maker" for automobiles to mount my diagonal mirror to the holder. It is that real flexible blue silicone, that is easy to obtain at almost any auto shop. I found that as it is drying it does get very tacky, and when it is dry, it is alot more flexible than the silicone caulks. Seeing as I`m not putting alot of thickness, like you would when caulking a window, or bathroom tile, it doesnt have alot of room to flex, so I dont think movement is a problem with it. At least so far, the images I`ve gotten with my 6" scope are great. I havent star tested my optics yet, but, its kinda hard to get a good night to do that when you live close to Los Angeles.

Jack McQuaide

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins