Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Testing An Hyperboloid Convex

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Luis on June 18, 2000 23:47:04 UTC

How to test an hyperboloid convex for a Classic Cassegrain or a Ritchey Chretien secondary?

I`ve been reading some techniques in Texereau`s book "How to make a telescope" but none of them makes me sure of the better method..

Only the Fizzeau device test seems to be quite exact, which consists in building a concave and a convex mirror at the same time, same focal length, and while getting the right curve at the foucault for the concave, compare both mirrors at the Fizzeau searching for straight newton lines.

I guess this method will be quite hard to succeed, as keeping both mirrors with the exact same focal distance while polishing is very difficult.

Any other method out of auto collimating? (mounting primary and secondary on the tube and see how it looks like).

Thanks

Lam.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins