Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: RE: LX10 12VDC Adapter Cord

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Fred Frederick on June 11, 2000 18:45:13 UTC

Robert, guess I wasn`t making myself clear. With reference to the Power Cord (Meade #607) if you plug it into the cigarette receptacle of a vehicle you get 12V. However, the plug which is inserted into the 12V receptacle on the scope has to be the correct polarity.
Meade doesn`t give out this information. If they did who would buy the $45.00 Power Cord? That`s what I have to pay in CDN funds if I purchase.
The small adaptaplug which fits into the 12V receptacle on the scope can be either wired for a negative to the center pin or positive. That is the information I require. There is no mention of it in instr manual?
If anyone has the cord and an ohm meter, all you have to do is unscrew the adapter for the cigarette lighter, put a lead on the positive wire and then insert the other lead into the adaptaplug on the other end. If the meter needle moves the center of the plug is positive, but if you touch the plug on the outside and the needle moves then the center is negative. This is what I would like to know.
Appreciate your repsonses Robert.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins