Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: First Light

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on May 21, 2000 17:57:40 UTC

Another one caught in the delights of the hobby!
Congratulations on staying with it until you had something that has a possibility of actually showing you the sky. I don`t know where in Southern Calif. but if you`re in the San Diego area, there is the mirror grinding group of the San Diego Amateur Astronomers which meets in San Marcos at the University there. Why not consider a 12"-15" mirror for your next project and grind and polish the mirror? Then you can really say that you built it yourself.
I would also suggest that you make sure that the kid you`re giving the scope to gets to see through your scope and even control is so he understands what is possible and you will probably be hauling him along on your nights out to see the stars. My bets are that he will take the Tasco only a few times before he leaves it at home.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins