Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Overshot Radius Of Curvature

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Walt Hamler on May 19, 2000 20:03:13 UTC

Thanks guys! Now you tell me!! Ha! Actually I finished fine grinding this am, made my lap, an have started polishing. On the Foucalt tester the radius is now 126, so fl is 63", 9 whole inches shorter than I had in mind. Oh well, next time!! I had wanted it long to allow the figure to remain spherical, bu will probably go ahead and leave it spherical until I can star test, see if I like, and go from there. This mirror will end up in a small dob that I plan on giving to a friend anyway, so I`m sorta experimenting. Bob, I`ll keep those figures in the notes of my book for future reference. I too didn`t think the 120 would be so quick working.
Walt

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins